Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Is more troops the answer?


I listened to President Obama speak last night just like most Americans. I can't say I was surprised at his decision to send more troops to Afghanistan, but I am a bit disappointed by this decision. For the last 24 hrs I've watched and heard a slue of nasty attacks against the President from both the left and the right. It sickens me, and it's made me rethink my position and want to support President Obama even more. I don't know why I feel the need to protect this President even when I completely disagree with a decision he's made. What is that? I have to ask myself the obvious question here... is it race? I'm not sure I can answer that either way. I will admit that I do feel a lot more connected and invested in the success of this current administration, but even if race does play a part in all this, it's accompanied with many other factors that all work in conjunction with each other. Like for example, I actually worked on Obama's election campaign here in North Carolina because I was so inspired by everything this man did and stood for. So even if his ethnicity does play into my need to protect him blindly, it's just one small part of a much larger picture. I can't, nor would I want to, separate who Obama is as a person, from who he is as a politician. And I'm surprisingly ok admitting that.

**DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY URBAN ENTERTAINMENT BLOG "SOCIALLY URBAN" FOR THE LATEST IN URBAN ENTERTAINMENT NEWS AND EVENTS. WWW.SOCIALLYURBAN.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails