Saturday, June 6, 2009

Let's See The Homophobic Evangelicals Explain This One.


I have two words for you; GAY PENGUINS. Yes, you heard me; GAY freakin' PENGUINS. I guess I should explain. I was reading one of my favorite blogs "The Huffington Post", and I see a headline that reads "Two Gay Penguins Raising A Chick". Of course my first thought was WTF?!? Then I read the story, and in a way, it made me feel a little bit better about who I am, and it also made me think, if these two gay male Penguins found love and started a family, maybe there's hope for me after all. I would love to hear those Bible thumping extreme right wing Republican evangelical homophobes explain this one. lol... I'm waiting?

Here's the whole story from "The Huffington Post":

BERLIN — A German zoo says a pair of gay male penguins are raising a chick from an egg abandoned by its parents.

Bremerhaven zoo veterinarian Joachim Schoene says the egg was placed in the male penguins' nest after its parents rejected it in late April. The males incubated it for some 30 days before it hatched and have continued to care for it. The chick's gender is not yet known.

Schoene said the male birds, named Z and Vielpunkt, are one of three same-sex pairs among the zoo's 20 Humboldt penguins that have attempted to mate.

Homosexual behavior has been documented in many animal species.

The zoo said in a statement on its Web site Thursday that "sex and coupling in our world don't always have something to do with reproduction."
HERE'S A LINK TO THIS STORY ON HUFFINGTON POST:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/04/two-gay-penguins-and-a-ch_n_211497.html


http://www.kyte.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails